Have you planned your bucket list for the year 2021? If you haven’t, make sure you must include at least one temple visit every year on your list by train. The train journey to any pilgrimage place is always blissful and fun with train food. Order food in train and enjoy a delightful variety of vegetarian and Jain food in train. We are aware that India is known for its culture and mythological stories now to explore these one should visit ancient temples. These temples are handcrafted and built thousands of years ago. India has thousands of temples dedicated to various gods across various places. India is well connected with railways and bus routes to reach any of these destinations. If you wanted to visit any of these, you must travel by train. The train journeys are far the best journey to explore any pilgrimage places.
1.Ram Mandir: After a lot of struggle and speculation, finally Supreme Court announced the judgment of Ayodhya dispute on 9th November 2019. This temple is under construction now, as on the 5th August ground breakage ceremony was held. This day is of the most remarkable days for all the citizens of India. Finally, the design of this temple done by the Sompura family of Gujarat. This temple located in Ayodhya at Uttar Pradesh. This place is known as Rama’s birthplace and known as the pilgrimage place of India. The best way to reach this place is by train and get down at Ayodhya railway station. If you decide to travel to this beautiful place, you can do an online food order in train, which is common these days.
2. Golden temple: You can visit this temple from any part of the country by train. The train route is the best way to visit this place. Also, don’t forget to order food in train while traveling. This temple is known for its human brotherhood and equality. It has beautiful Sikh architecture and one of the most spiritual places to visit. It should be in your bucket list of temples to visit. Also, do you know the dome of the temple is of actual gold? This temple is well connected and located at the heart of the city. The temple is just 1 km away from the Amritsar railway station. Amritsar railway station gets connected with all major cities of India. A train journey from Delhi to Amritsar is less than 6 hrs. After boarding the train, you can order food in train by a well-known app – Traveler Food.
3. Maa Vaishno Devi: If you are on your train journey, online food order in train is a must. Do try out the food in train even you can pay online for your order. Vaishno Devi temple is one of the Hindu temples, dedicated to goddess Durga. The temple is located 13km from Karta within the union territory of Jammu and Kashmir. Visiting this sacred place is considered to be very holy, and must come once in a lifetime. One should visit this place. Vaishno Devi Katra junction railway station is 16.5 km away.
4. Badrinath temple: It is one of the most visited temples in our country. It is at the holy town in the Chamoli district in the state of Uttarkhand. It is a Hindu temple and one of the four cham Dham place dedicated to Lord Vishnu. Rishikesh railway is the nearby station situated 295km away and well connected by roadways. Also, do you know now food delivery on train is possible? Enter your PNR number and train number to place your order with Traveler Food, the food delivery app.
5. Ramnathswamy temple: It is one of the exquisite Hindu temples in southern India. The temple located in a small town in Tamil Nadu temple and has the longest corridors among all the Hindu temples across India. The nearby railway station is Rameshwaram, which is about 1 km away. The train route well connected through various parts of India that have facilities like online food in train.
6. Jagannathtemple: Are you planning a train journey to the beautiful land of Odissa. Indian Railways has few super-fast trains and make your journey more comfortable. To reach Puri station, you will get numerous trains. Shree Jagannath temple at Puri is considered one of the famous holy places of char dam. Temple is situated in Orrisa and also known as the annual chariot festival of Rath Yatra. Puri railway station is the nearest station just 2 km away from this temple.
7. Meenakshi Temple: It is one of the historic Hindu temples situated in Madhurai city. It is one of the oldest temples of India and also known as Minakshi Sundareshwara temple. Madurai railways station is just 1.7 km away from the temple. If you are traveling from the Northern to Southern India, don’t worry online food in train is available. They also serve you with a variety of food of your choice.
8. Tirupati Balaji: Visiting the southern part of India by train is itself a great feel. Train travel and online food order in train is a great combination. Tirupati Balaji temple is a Hindu temple of Lord Vishnu, located on a small hill in Thirumalai. Renigunata railways station is about 15 km away from this temple. Enjoying the train journey and train food is just the best. Do order food in train by Traveler food as they serve you good quality of veg food in train.
9. Kedarnath Temple: You must have heard a lot of stories from your dad about the Kedarnath temple. The best way to travel is by train to this place. It is a Hindu temple, well known to worship Lord Shiva. It is situated Garwal Himalayan range near Mandakini River at Uttarkhand. Due to its extreme temperature, the temple is open only between April and November months. The nearest railway station is Rishikesh, which is 221 km away. Visiting any pilgrimage places is luck and faith. Enjoying the train journey and food in train is just the best.
10. Sree Padmanabha Swamy temple: It is a Hindu temple located at Thiruvananthapuram. It is known as one of the wealthiest temples in our country. Trivandrum railway station is the nearest station about 2km to reach this lovely temple. It is such a beautiful temple to visit with family by train. It is a must-visit place of the year 2021 and enjoying online food in train.
If you are a traveler for the first time, to these places, it’s a must to do well research before visiting these places. Few pilgrimage places need enough supplies for the trip. If you have older people, make sure you have done proper research before planning the train. It is a real blessing to visit these places and defiantly choose train travel to have real fun. The Indian railway is upgraded these days and has all facilities on the train itself. Do try and order your food using Traveler Food app, to get hygienic, fresh, and hot food at your seat just with a click.
Written By: Priyanka Mondal
She is a content writer by profession and has a keen interest in writing on various topics. Her ultimate passion is writing and doing food blogging. She is a person who loves traveling to beautiful places and trying out different cuisine. Also a big-time foodie.