The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation will make effective from July 1 some changes in the existing rules benefiting the lives of millions of passengers who depend on railways for travel on a regular basis. The main focus will be on upgrading passenger facilities and experience, the initiatives aimed towards mending the Indian Railways.
For passengers who regularly book tickets using the IRCTC website and for everyone, we bring to you in advance the changes in rules and regulations you should know that will be effective from the 1st of July this year.
- This probably is the high point of the entire rule change and will come as a relief to many as Tatkal tickets will have a fifty percent refund on cancellation. Tatkal tickets are priced higher than a normal booking and at present there are no refunds on Tatkal ticket cancellation. A fifty percent refund is also proposed on the Suvidha train tickets. Tickets can also be cancelled by just dialing 139 on your phone.
- The heavy traffic to the website during Tatkal booking makes it difficult for people trying to book tickets online. Therefore, a small change in the booking time window will have Tatkal AC ticket booking from 10 A.M to 11 A.M and sleeper coach booking from 11 A.M to 12 P.M.
- The system for booking waiting list tickets is also coming to an end as starting July 1st passengers will only be able to book confirmed tickets and RAC (Reservation against cancellation) accommodation and there will be no provisions for booking wait listed tickets.
- There is a proposed increase in the number of coaches in Shatabdi and Rajdhani trains. Also, paper less tickets will be implemented in these trains with only mobile tickets being valid.
- The IRCTC website which is primarily functioning in the English language will have different regional language options too.
- While premium trains are coming to an end from 1st July, trains will have a ‘destination wakeup call’ facility available for passengers’ access.
While travelling with train you can Online Food Order in Train, and our delivery boy will reach at your sheet.