Source : http://bit.ly/1PRRZqc
My recent and most memorable trip was my Dehradun trip with my favourite gal pal. She was a student of Doon school, so was well versed with the nook and corner of the beautiful Dehradun. We boarded the afternoon train from Delhi railway station and the train was expected to arrive in Dehradun by the night. On the train, we decided to order food on train through Travelerfood. The website offers amazing options for food and their food delivery at Dehradun station is simply excellent.
After reaching Dehradun at night, we checked into the nearest hotel and took the much needed sleep. Our whole idea was to get up fresh in the morning so as to explore the wonderful city of Dehradun.
What to visit in Dehradun?
Source : http://bit.ly/1PZsZPG
- I am an ardent follower of Lord Buddha. The city has elegant monasteries. So, our first visit was to the Mindrolling Monastery. This Buddha temple had a lovely architecture and was the best place for peace lovers like me. Then, we headed to Shiva Temple, which had excellent stone work in its architecture.
- Being girls, shopping is something that can never be skipped. We thought of tasting the local markets of Doon. We went to the Tibetan market and Paltan Bazaar to get a lot of the girly accessories. In the middle of the shopping, I had the best momos of my life. Loved them truly.
- The landscape of Doon is just awesome. One stroll is enough to fall in love with this city. The mild breeze along the Song river, the entire feeling of keeping the feet in the cool water was out of the world. I literally told my friend the city is just so mesmerizing.
- Next we went to FRI, where the movie Student of the Year was shot. I took several pictures there. It is a great place for those who are in love with Science. The architecture of FRI was worth applauding.
- Next on our itinerary was Maldevta which was a water reservoir having mountains at the backdrop and farms on the other side.
We are known for serving quality food in trains. Download our mobile app from Google Playstore and enjoy your meal while travelling.