Source : http://bit.ly/1OuuJRS
Anand Vihar is one of the more famous localities of Delhi primarily because it is a major point of connectivity to the eastern parts of India. With a bus terminus and a railway station located here, the locality sees a large rush of passengers travelling to and out of Delhi. I came to Delhi from Kanpur and Anand Vihar was obviously my first destination in the National Capital Region.
One of my major concerns upon reaching Anand Vihar, was to find decent accommodation along with good eating joints in the area. The first problem was solved when a got a nice one room set on rent near the bus terminal itself. As for the options of restaurants, I found the following establishments to be quite good.
Source : http://bit.ly/1NSy1IU
- Bhagat Ji Dilli Wale: If you want to have a quick bite of delicious fast food without burning a hole through your pocket, this is the place to be. The ambience is good and place is air conditioned with facilities for parking also available.
- Chatkaara: As the name suggests, this eating outlet offers lip smacking chats and snacks from different regions of India. You can enjoy good food at truly affordable prices within a refreshing environment.
- D Tandoor: Experience the divine flavors of tandoori food of both vegetarian and non-vegetarian categories at this cool diner. You can relish the taste of deluxe thali and kadhai chicken which are amongst the most popular dishes served here.
- Nazeer Foods: You can enjoy dishes from Chinese, Mughlai and North Indian cuisines at affordable rates with Nazeer foods. The restaurant serves both veg and non-veg varieties.
Source : http://bit.ly/1PsAjTN
- The Yellow Chilli: The restaurant known for serving North Indian and Mughlai cuisines offers a great casual dining experience even delivers veg and non-veg food in train.
- Delhi Diner- Clark’s Inn: Weather you want to enjoy continental, Chinese or North Indian dishes, Delhi Diner will serve it all in a relaxing and calm ambience.
- Suruchi: The restaurant serves pure vegetarian dishes with specialization in Guajarati, Rajasthani, North and South Indian cuisines for a fine dining experience.
How To Reach
Anand Vihar is well connected by buses and metro service to different parts of Delhi NCR. The metro station is located next to the inter-state bus terminus and within a walking distance of the railway station making reaching the place quite easy.