Do you love to enjoy your dinner on the train? But you may be confused about what to eat as there are multiple food options available. Indian cuisine is well-known for its rich flavors and variety of spices. When it comes to train travel in India, having a delicious dinner on board is an essential part of the experience. From North Indian dishes to South Indian delicacies, there are plenty of options available to suit all tastes, and you can order anything from any railway station food delivery.
Top 10 dinner options that you must try when traveling by train
Here are 10 delicious Indian dinner options for your train travel.
1) Thali – This is the most common food that is available on all train journeys. You can get a complete meal to keep you full for a long time, and that is the best dinner option. You can switch from a vegetarian to a non-vegetarian thali of your choice. It comes in various types, such as veg thali, standard thali, egg thali, chicken thali, and more. The flavorful thali offers a variety of dishes on a single platter, starting with rice, dal, two types of vegetables, dessert, and curd. You can opt for a thali for dinner whether you are traveling solo, with family, or with friends.
2) Jain vegetable Pulao – Vegetable pulao is a combination of colorful vegetables with rice and jain vegetables are a little different as they avoid eating root vegetables. It is a mouth-watering dish that even you can try if you are not a Jain. This is one of the most common foods that you can order at railway station food delivery and get delivered to your seat. This is easy to eat and the best food option for Jains.
3) Masala Dosa – If you’re looking for something light and healthy, masala Dosa is an excellent option. It is a South Indian dish that everyone knows how it is prepared and served with coconut chutney and sambar. It is an excellent option when you are traveling by train. Everyone loves to eat dosa as it is light but stomach-filling.
4) Biryani – Biryani is a flavorful rice dish that is popular all over India. It is made with long-grain basmati rice, spices, chicken, lamb, or vegetables. It is a complete meal in itself and is perfect for a filling dinner on board the train. Hyderabadi Biryani is a popular biryani that originates from Hyderabad in South India. It is made with rice, spices, and either chicken, lamb, or vegetables, and is usually served with raita.
5) Chole Bhature – Chole Bhature is a popular North Indian dish that consists of spicy chickpea curry served with deep-fried bread. It is a hearty and filling meal that is perfect for dinner and is commonly served in many train stations across India.
6) Idli Sambar – Idli Sambar is a South Indian dish made with steamed rice cakes served with lentil soup and coconut chutney. It is a light and healthy option that is perfect for dinner on the train.
7) Palak Paneer – Palak Paneer is a North Indian dish made with spinach and paneer, a type of Indian cheese. It is a healthy and nutritious option that is perfect for dinner on the train.
8) Pizza – If you are a family traveling by train, pizza is the must-have option, as kids love to enjoy pizza on trains. So, you can order your favorite pizza with extra cheese and toppings to enjoy your dinner. You can order using the Traveler Food app, as we have a variety of pizzas ranging from vegetarian to non-vegetarian.
9) Parathas – This is one wholesome food that needs no introduction. This is all types of favorite of kids, elders, and even adults. You can either pack parathas from home or even call your favorite restaurants or ask IRCTC caterers. From basic plan parathas to paneer or aloo paratha, it’s everyone’s favorite, isn’t it? So, you can choose parathas as a dinner option.
10) Rajma Chawal – This is another go-to dinner option when you are traveling by train. It is easy to eat as it is one-pot rice with rajma curry. This is a north Indian cushion, but this dish has captured the heart of almost every place in India. Everyone loves to enjoy rajma chawal. You can place your order using the Traveler food app and we will help you get your food on your seat at your preferred time.
In conclusion, Indian cuisine is diverse and flavorful, and there are plenty of options available for a delicious dinner on board the train. From North Indian dishes, you can order anything from any railway station food delivery using the Traveler Food app. So, the next time you’re on a train journey in India, don’t forget to indulge in some mouth-watering Indian cuisine.
Written By: Priyanka Mondal
She is a content writer by profession and has a keen interest in writing on various topics. Her ultimate passion is writing and doing food blogging. She is a person who loves traveling to beautiful places and trying out different cuisine. Also a big-time foodie.